Intel Core i3-2120 for Diablo 3

osuguy89

n00b
Joined
Mar 2, 2012
Messages
13
Paired with decent mobo,gpu, and 8gb ram will this be good setup to run D3 on high settings? Should I man up and go for the 2500K? I just feel it might be overkill to do so.
 
I read on the Diablo 3 forums that beta users are seeing usage on all cpu cores, so it's safe to assume that a 4 core 2500k will run smoother than a 2 core i3-2120
 
The 2500k is the quintessential gamers CPU. A no-brainer really, if the budget stretches that far.
 
If you're budget conscious, then any i3 should be fine. If the budget allows, go for an i5.
 
The 2500k is the quintessential gamers CPU. A no-brainer really, if the budget stretches that far.

Gosh man the chips are going for great prices right now. If you cant afford a new for sub $190.00 shopping around then you can certainly find great deals for used ones. As people are jumping 2500K ship and going to socket 2011 platforms and selling off the 2500Ks to recoup the uber expense of jumping on that boat.

Just like I did. I sold my 2600K and 2500K chips in order to gain some of the cost of getting my socket 2011 system and my I7 laptop in my sig below.
 
Can't agree any more than whats already been said. If it isn't a laptop or HTPC, there is very little reason to bother looking at dual core options with a new build these days. The price is just right (really has been since the Qxxx series) and the performance core per core has just gone to heights unimaginable without massive clock speed increases, software and games are now starting to take advantage of multiple cores and even multiple threads, that it just seems ludicrous to go dual core.

When I get the chance to play around on my friends and families old dual core machines, it makes me incredibly thankful that I spent the extra dough on my quad (Q9550) and this thing is ancient but purrs taking no $&*T from anything I've thrown at it. You wont regret it.


Go big (QUAD) or go home. That's my motto. :p
 
An i3-2100 is a great cpu still for only $100. There is a lot of bang 4 buck there.

However I went with the i5-2500k myself.
 
If you already have the 2120 then keep it. It's more than plenty.

If you are buying a cpu find a 2500K.
 
Back
Top