Intel Coffee Lake 6-Core CPU-Z Screenshot Leaked

Let me guess... It is also going to have really bad TIM between the core and lid, isn't it?

I'd put $5 on it being Kaby with 2 extra cores and a incremental iGPU upgrade.

The IGP is exactly the same. (Gen9.5)

Its a SKL/KBL/CFL 6 core on 14nm++ in a 149mm2 die with 12MB cache and GT2 IGP with IMVP8/9 support. (SKL/KBL uses 8, ICL and TGL uses 9).

8700K top bin will be 95W. 80W would be a Xeon. Expect 4.7Ghz top ST turbo and all core turbo above 4Ghz.

I'd put $5 on it being Kaby with 2 extra cores and a incremental iGPU upgrade.

Nope, literally no architecture changes. Same exact iGPU and CPU.

It is a 'improved' 14nm process (remains to be seen what that means) and 2 more cores though. The 2 more cores makes it a huge ugprade.

The IGP is exactly the same. (Gen9.5)

Its a SKL/KBL/CFL 6 core on 14nm++ in a 149mm2 die with 12MB cache and GT2 IGP with IMVP8/9 support. (SKL/KBL uses 8, ICL and TGL uses 9).

8700K top bin will be 95W. 80W would be a Xeon. Expect 4.7Ghz top ST turbo and all core turbo above 4Ghz.

The info I found so far suggests a 4.3 turbo for best core, 4.2 for 2 cores and 4.0 for all which franlky does not impress me much, I'm going back and forth between the i7 8700k and the i7 7820k.

Also there does not seem to be a consnecus about the coffee lake release date, seen august this year, q3-q4 this year, holiday season this year or early 2018.

The info I found so far suggests a 4.3 turbo for best core, 4.2 for 2 cores and 4.0 for all which franlky does not impress me much, I'm going back and forth between the i7 8700k and the i7 7820k.

Also there does not seem to be a consnecus about the coffee lake release date, seen august this year, q3-q4 this year, holiday season this year or early 2018.

That that also says 2400Mhz memory instead of 2667Mhz and slower ST than current. Yet that sounds "legit" ;)

Intel needs a major (~30%) boost in either clocks or single-core IPC to keep AMD of their backs, and Intel hasn't planned for it.

I literally just upgraded my AMD 1100t build to a 7700k and a Asus STRIX Z270E Gaming Motherboard 2 days ago. Any word if this is going to be compatible with the Z270 chipset with a BIOS update? I don't feel like changing everything again and I probably wouldn't because I really like this build I have now, but I wouldn't mind a couple extra cores.

Still no concrete information about Z270 compatibility, so I suppose that won't happen. Disappointing.

Latest info according to CPC is it works on 100 and 200 series.

there's a lot of rumours still floating

the last I knew was 1151v2 Socket

actually 6 kaby cores at 5Ghz (obviously delidded and binned) might be tempting, but only if they fit into the "old" boards
especially since skylake-x is slower than Broadwell in games

kaby still better architecture for gaming

if it doesn't fit
ehh, no interest in changing boards again just because its Intel tradition (all this nonsense about doing the chips first and then the socket goes out the window if a 7700k can be made to fit on x299)

I can wait for a Ryzen refresh

CFL supports both IMVP8 and IMVP9 VRM. SKL and KBL uses IMVP8. CNL, ICL and TGL uses IMVP9. The 1151v2 socket is to support both. So for ICL and TGL, you need a LGA1151v2 board.

Intel needs a major (~30%) boost in either clocks or single-core IPC to keep AMD of their backs, and Intel hasn't planned for it.

Yes, that would certainly make me interested in upgrading.

uak0pvp7pibz.png

Back