• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Intel Clarkdale question

polonyc2

Fully [H]
2FA
Joined
Oct 25, 2004
Messages
30,406
I'm confused about Intel's upcoming dual core Clarkdale CPU's...I know they will have integrated graphics but will I be able to disable this and use my own dedicated video card?...the new CPU's sound really nice for gamers...especially since all the current i7's and upcoming Westmere CPU's are not targeted for gamers...I would love to upgrade my E8400 to Clarkdale

I would think that disabling the integrated graphics would be possible but I havn't found any definite information on this...anyone know for sure?
 
you can always disable integrated graphics. In fact its usually a default for it to be diabled automatically by the BIOS when then BIOS detects a graphics card.
 
but after reading a few Clarkdale articles I read that disabling the integrated graphics would not be so easy as the whole piece of silicon can't be disabled because it also contains the PCI-Express and memory controllers

so it seems that disabling it if it detects a discrete graphics card is not the same as having a system with a non-integrated graphics card
 
you can direct the iGPU to stop doing iGPU stuff. Beyond that, whats it matter?
 
Back
Top