• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Intel chips and multipliers

SonicTron

Snopes is My Fact Checker
Joined
Mar 9, 2000
Messages
5,894
Just curious how the current iteration of intel chips handle speedstep multipliers. I understand that current chips come with 2 multipliers (lets say, 6 and 9) for speedstep function.

If you disable speedstep, can you manually set the processor to either the lower OR the higher? Or will it always default to the higher? Are there any other multiplier options that I'm not aware of?

thanks in advance
 
you can do both
ie lower the top one and still use C1E my E7200 is set at 9x atm stock is 9.5
and C1E still works fine
 
I'm not quite sure what you mean exactly. Can you explain better? C1E enabled allows you to use lower multipliers, but it doesn't kick the multi up to max under high cpu load? I'm not looking for that to happen :O
 
if you set multi to auto in bios, it will always default to the highest multi. or you can set it manually, from 6.0 to the default multi, sometimes by 0.5 steps, depending on your cpu and/or mainboard.
 
C1E isnt about multipliers, it just takes it from default to 6.0x when the speed isnt needed.

Intel chips allow you to go from default through 6.0x when booting. Extreme chips allow you to *increase* the multiplier as well.
 
So if I were to get my hands on a E5200 chip, with a 12.5x multiplier, I would be able to select any multiplier to use from 6.0x to 12.5x in .5 increments?
 
Back
Top