Intel Celeron SU2300 vs. celeron 743

SiliconValley

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 22, 2005
Messages
226
SU2300 = 1.2ghz Dual Core
743 = 1.3ghz Single Core

Looking for a netbook/notebook for the wife. I have been comparing the Gateway EC1433u and the EC1436u. These two models are nearly identical but the 1436 has the Celeron SU2300 and a 150gb HD and the 1433 has the Celeron 743 with a 260gb HD. I don't think the HD difference will matter.

I don't have much experience with computers beyond desktops so I'm not as familiar with these two processors. My hunch is that the dual core is better for obvious reasons. However, is the 743 (clocked slightly higher) actually faster? Also, will the dual core be more of a battery drain? I could not find a direct comparison of these two processors so any input would be much appreciated.
 
I do not want to hijack this, but I'm interested in knowing as well since I've been looking at the gateway ec1435u (su2300 processor). Either that or the one with the celeron 743 seems to be the best $400 ultraportable I can find.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top