Intel Burn Test Utility

In the end, if my computer "has yet to crash" with my overclock, and has been this way for almost a year, why do i need to care about anything else? I can achieve lower temps by running my vCore lower then then what would be considered "stable" by these stressing apps, and yet still never crash... So i have yet to see the upside.

Just FYI, my CPU is at 334x9 @ 1.29375v in the BIOS, i idle at roughly 26/27 degrees, and the ONLY time i have crashed this system is by running this app.

Why are you telling your story for the 3rd time??? :eek:

Hi there,

I have been searching around and checking out all kinds of forums and wanted to get some feedback on my Q9550 and temps.

I have the following:
Q9550 at 3.4 Ghz (400 FSB,)
ASUS P5Q-E (801 Mhz)
4x2GB GSkill DDR2
Tuniq 120
NZXT Tempest

The idles seem to be great at about 25-32 depending on the core, but when I run IntelBurn and 3DMark05, the temps go up in the mid 90s. I have run IntelBurrn 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 passes and have no error for all runs, though I have been concerned about the temp druing testing. I ran 3DMark05 for about 2 hours but that was before I found IntelBurn.

Question or concern is based on what I have seen in this thread and others, most people say that they see load with IntelBurn of 65-75, I can only dream of this. Should I be concerned long term? The other thing I seem to notice is that Vista Business 64 seems to have flipped out once I have OC. The only thing wrong with Vista is when I have OC the Software Licensing Service is not able to be enabled which then makes it think that it's not genuine. I am going to put the setting back to stock and see if that fixes the error, as I hate to restore back to 11/16 date (last date of restore) and have to redo all the things I have done since.

Thanks, ahead of time, for all of your help :)

Seems like a great group here!

You're fine as long as your normal load temps don't get too high. IBT is designed to take your temps up as high as they will go, but it isn't in any way representative of normal usage. As long as you're below ~70C day to day, there's nothing to worry about.

Hi there,

I have been searching around and checking out all kinds of forums and wanted to get some feedback on my Q9550 and temps.

I have the following:
Q9550 at 3.4 Ghz (400 FSB,)
ASUS P5Q-E (801 Mhz)
4x2GB GSkill DDR2
Tuniq 120
NZXT Tempest

The idles seem to be great at about 25-32 depending on the core, but when I run IntelBurn and 3DMark05, the temps go up in the mid 90s. I have run IntelBurrn 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 passes and have no error for all runs, though I have been concerned about the temp druing testing. I ran 3DMark05 for about 2 hours but that was before I found IntelBurn.

Question or concern is based on what I have seen in this thread and others, most people say that they see load with IntelBurn of 65-75, I can only dream of this. Should I be concerned long term? The other thing I seem to notice is that Vista Business 64 seems to have flipped out once I have OC. The only thing wrong with Vista is when I have OC the Software Licensing Service is not able to be enabled which then makes it think that it's not genuine. I am going to put the setting back to stock and see if that fixes the error, as I hate to restore back to 11/16 date (last date of restore) and have to redo all the things I have done since.

Thanks, ahead of time, for all of your help :)

Seems like a great group here!

you should have your bios set to turn your machine off way before you hit mid 90's. thats a tad warmish. like the other guy said tho, if your day to day maxes out in the 70's, you are ok. some of these guys are a little more concerned with stabiltiy than i am. if i can prime for a few hours, and my games dont crash, i am fine. when somebody is paying me to run telemetry for n.a.s.a., then i will run intelburn for 50 passes.
sounds like your registry got corrupted (so much for stability running intelburn). make copies of your registry if you are intent on running this test.

you should have your bios set to turn your machine off way before you hit mid 90's. thats a tad warmish.

:confused: why?

The CPU will throttle itself at 90-100*C depending on the CPU and shutdown 10-20 deg. beyond that (close to that anyway, haven't tested this personally). My q9450 throttles itself at 100. Obviously you don't want to be at these temps all the time but it's not that dire.

How to make a Q6600 G0 cry, Burntest, CoreDamage, and Prime95 all at once, 85c max core temp.

3055015806_139998f59a.jpg

interesting, IBT stable for 30 passes of full stress but crashes in witcher enhanced. upping my MCH and cpu termination fixed it.

thats because intelburn does not stress your nb or all your ram,i have read. but if for some reason you needed to know if your cpu can be stressed for a while, its the way to go.

Back