Intel board won't work with Antec neohe 550?

freddursth8

Weaksauce
Hello all. I posted a similar thread in Power Supplies, because I'm not sure which category this falls under... I have an Intel G965W board and just recently got the Antec neohe 550 from a great New Egg deal. However, I hear now that this PSU hates Intel boards (it's already well documented it doesn't like Asus boards). :mad: A few questions...

1. Can anyone confirm this incompatibility?
2. Should I even risk trying out the PSU?
3. Would updating the BIOS on the Intel mobo fix this problem the way Asus recommended?

My old computer literally went up in smoke (long story) and I've been without a computer for a while. I can't update my mobo in advance because I don't have a power supply! Thanks!

Hello all. I posted a similar thread in Power Supplies, because I'm not sure which category this falls under... I have an Intel G965W board and just recently got the Antec neohe 550 from a great New Egg deal. However, I hear now that this PSU hates Intel boards (it's already well documented it doesn't like Asus boards). :mad: A few questions...

1. Can anyone confirm this incompatibility?
2. Should I even risk trying out the PSU?
3. Would updating the BIOS on the Intel mobo fix this problem the way Asus recommended?

My old computer literally went up in smoke (long story) and I've been without a computer for a while. I can't update my mobo in advance because I don't have a power supply! Thanks!

There shouldn't be any problem with it at all.

I used to have an Antec 550 He with my p5wd2 premium a year ago, that powersupply is a POS. The PSU literally started smoking and then worked to a limited capacity afterwards. The PSU still functions with a minimal load so i just use it to power the pump while I bleed my watercooled setup, but even then it shuts off.

Conclusion> Antec PSU's used to be good a 3-4 years ago but they REALLY do suck now, lately the TT Toughpower series hasnt let me down on that board (750W), but high-end wise I would get PCP Silencer for sure.

Yikes, Dr. That's what I'm afraid of! What kind of computer do you have out of curiosity? Did it require a lot of power? I hate to hear Antec is so crappy now. My only other option in an unopened Antec 500W SmartPower. And I have no money for a new one...

Back