INTEL BLACKOPS 6 CORE 4.60GHz 2011 Socket Engineering Sample CPU

i can confirm that stock exchanges all around the globe didn't use a single blackops/everest cpu ever. They would be nice to have, but the price didn't make sense, and it doesn't make sense here.

Who actually used the Black Ops processors?

7sxa5.jpg

i heard HFTs, brah
Exchange aggregators that were in past, and are still here today updated their systems to do multi-threading with nahalem's.

really sorry brah
The high performance trading at best scenario is being ran from dual e5-2667v4. At no point in time has any of the US exchanges, or their aggregators used top cpu's since 2007, (its been different since market crash in 2008).

Reactions: erek
like this
I'm surprised these haven't been snatched up yet, that's sorta tellin on the value, not even a lower offer went through?

"5 lots available of 2x", that really messes up the rarity bit too...

it gets worse !!!!

"More than 10 lots available"

I bet there was a decent chance this guy would’ve gotten a purchase or decent offer if he would listed just the one pair. Someone doesn’t understand supply/demand...

like this
Anyone want to play COD Black Ops with these Black Ops CPUs? XD

like this
obviously I can't speculate as to this seller's margins on these, but I think they'd be a fine deal only at half that price. nothing else in the E5-26x0s has close to those clocks, not even broadwell-e... but $1000 is way ambitious. Also, 250W lol

like this

They were mostly used for low latency trading. Nowadays it is mostly FPGAs (used by nearly all the big investment banks) and ASICS (used by a few hedge funds) doing the cutting edge stuff.

like this
That would be damn nice to have ONE of those, I don't need two but at that price...nooooo thaankk yyyoouuu.

like this
mostly used for low latency trading

ha. let me hold my Dell PowerEdge R720xd systems running on dual e5-2690 (as its the best system from sandy/ivy we've ever gotten - and its not even used for real-time data trading, those are just used for historical data).
for rtt we use e5-2667 v4 systems running vms running cassandra nodes (offering on avg sub ms times, on 99th percentile within 20-30ms.) I've asked other guys at the firm if they've ever even heard of blackops cpu's ~ nan has.

// Right now we are in testing of epyc 7601 vs dual gold 6134

ha. let me hold my Dell PowerEdge R720xd systems running on dual e5-2690 (as its the best system from sandy/ivy we've ever gotten - and its not even used for real-time data trading, those are just used for historical data).
for rtt we use e5-2667 v4 systems running vms running cassandra nodes (offering on avg sub ms times, on 99th percentile within 20-30ms.) I've asked other guys at the firm if they've ever even heard of blackops cpu's ~ nan has.

Hmm

You seem to be implying that if your firm has not heard of it, it doesnt exist on the street.

Also, competitive software solutions in recently years have been in the microseconds, and software is the slowest.

like this
eBay ad doesn’t show the CPU in action with screenshots or a cpu-z readout or anything. I’d be leery of this for sure.

like this
You seem to be implying that if your firm has not heard of it, it doesnt exist on the street.

Also, competitive software solutions in recently years have been in the microseconds, and software is the slowest.

Unfortunately we have only 2 major competitor (and couple really small ones.).

One of the services we provide is api's for those companies, and banks that want to offer low latency trading you mentioned.
Last time i spoke with server friends from those 2 other companies on cassandra datastax conference in dc; we talked about hardware and what we use - friends as at different times they either worked with us or vice versa. (I'm a new guy tho, i worked with SaaS search engine, and prediction software) so i have some idea whats being used. // oh and btw; We serve almost all exchanges around the world.

I can show some proof to admins(on forum) if my anonymity is preserved.

Unfortunately we have only 2 major competitor (and couple really small ones.).

One of the services we provide is api's for those companies, and banks that want to offer low latency trading you mentioned.
Last time i spoke with server friends from those 2 other companies on cassandra datastax conference in dc; we talked about hardware and what we use - friends as at different times they either worked with us or vice versa. (I'm a new guy tho, i worked with SaaS search engine, and prediction software) so i have some idea whats being used. // oh and btw; We serve almost all exchanges around the world.

I can show some proof to admins(on forum) if my anonymity is preserved.

I don’t want to question your credentials. Let’s just assume your “low latency” is not the same as to what I am referring to. I’ll give an example, JPM’s JISU is 75 microseconds for their software and 2 microseconds for FPGA...and they are not the fastest.

like this
I don’t want to question your credentials. Let’s just assume your “low latency” is not the same as to what I am referring to. I’ll give an example, JPM’s JISU is 75 microseconds for their software and 2 microseconds for FPGA...and they are not the fastest.
The JPM uses our feeds/services for obligations, and securities trades. (they can be only as fast as we provide the data for them.)

here's typical eventdata serving time from chicago exchange for friday (its from a single server in local dc, in cluster).

Code:
Percentile  SSTables     Write Latency      Read Latency    Partition Size        Cell Count
                              (micros)          (micros)           (bytes)
50%             2.00             29.52            54.79            379022              2299
75%             2.00             35.43            65.95           2816159             20501
95%             3.00             61.21            78.94        1386179893           8409007
98%             6.00             88.15           135.10        7152383774          43388628
99%             6.00            105.78           162.72       12359319162          62479625
Min             1.00              4.77             51.01                36                 0
Max             6.00          890.66         2686.95       14831182994          89970660

its one of the older nodes, a vm running on dual e5-2697 v2. (24c system with ht disabled)
// vm has 8vcores, and 32GB mem assigned to it. It shares the vhost with 2 other vm's.
This host runs on SSD storage.

so yeah no need for blackops cpu's ;)
Our programmers are testing epyc cpu's mainly to see if we can benefit more from their cache size rather than from cores/freq. The high speed trading is overrated as most of the systems is laughable -- if you ever came to chicago exchange and they allow you to see underneath the floor panels you'll see aprox. half a meter of cables stacked. As they never bothered to remove them - and now no1 knows what they are for anymore - so its safer to keep 'em.

Last edited:
like this
The JPM uses our feeds/services for obligations, and securities trades. (they can be only as fast as we provide the data for them.)

here's typical eventdata serving time from chicago exchange for friday (its from a single server in local dc, in cluster).

Code:
Percentile  SSTables     Write Latency      Read Latency    Partition Size        Cell Count
                              (micros)          (micros)           (bytes)
50%             2.00             29.52            54.79            379022              2299
75%             2.00             35.43            65.95           2816159             20501
95%             3.00             61.21            78.94        1386179893           8409007
98%             6.00             88.15           135.10        7152383774          43388628
99%             6.00            105.78           162.72       12359319162          62479625
Min             1.00              4.77             51.01                36                 0
Max             6.00          890.66         2686.95       14831182994          89970660

I guessed that you work for a data provider, which is why I said your “low latency” may be different from mine.

There are typically three tiers of execution products.

1) high touch, a trader takes a client order and decides how to best execute it
2) low touch, order is executed via a combination of algo, dark pools etc by software
3) super low touch, order is direct to exchange after risk checks aka ‘DMA’

Most HFT use 2/3 and data is not so important for the bank. They just need to know the price to try to execute it at and does the client have enough margin/risk.

like this
just need to know the price
Thats us ;)

I do know that we offer some software for those risk assessments etc, and allow integrations, as well as we provide the API for other traders; but I haven't worked with it. (i've seen it tho) If you worked with trading you'll likely have seen it.

here's the mobile / browser version; we also have some different integrated and some other clients for different things.
upload_2019-7-21_0-14-18.png

but yeah serving current, and historical data is our thing.

like this
Wow....$999.99 ..I might pay $100.00 for the pair.....there is nothing special about these chips that make them worth what they are asking for them.... a 250 watt chip is not very desirable

Back