I have:
Intel BadAxe2
QX6700
Corsair 4GB 8500C5D
8800GTX
PCP&C 1kW
X-Fi XtremeMusic
150 Raptor

If I use 2395 or 2431 Intel BIOS I get a blue screen after Vista installs the setup files. If I use BIOS version 2333 it installs fine. If I then update the BIOS after Vista is installed I get the blue screen again.

Please help.

Without knowing anything about the BSoD, we're shotting blind here.

Without knowing anything about the BSoD, we're shotting blind here.
I didn't write down the stop message, but it was one of those general ones that didn't have any explanation like "irql_not_equal_less" or "inaccessible_boot_device", etc.

Without the codes, we aren't going to be able to help. There's no such thing as a general BSoD. They all have unique codes that help in troubleshooting. But, then again, you don't seem to like the answers people give you in your other thread, so I'm not sure what I'm supposed to say at this point. If you have a BIOS rev that works, use it for now...unless it causes some other major problem.

Without the codes, we aren't going to be able to help. There's no such thing as a general BSoD. They all have unique codes that help in troubleshooting. But, then again, you don't seem to like the answers people give you in your other thread, so I'm not sure what I'm supposed to say at this point. If you have a BIOS rev that works, use it for now...unless it causes some other major problem.
Are people generally insecure in here? If you can't help then fine, but don't be smug about it.

Are people generally insecure in here? If you can't help then fine, but don't be smug about it.
We aren't insecure, but we do grow tired of noobies coming in with pointless questions and then getting all pissy about the answers they get. It happens FAR too often to be a coincidence. You're asking for help in this thread, without giving the necessary info we need to try and start looking into the problem, so that's a dead end. Secondly, I suggested using the BIOS that works. Is there some other problem with that BIOS that keeps you from using it? My guess is no, so use it. It's not uncommon to have to downgrade a BIOS due to a problem. Stop worrying about all the stuff that doesn't matter, like what your Vista score is and that you HAVE to be using the latest BIOS. Worry about having a fast, stable computer.

That's a great way to get help.

He's not being smug, he's asking you to help us help you.
There is no such thing as a "general" bsod, period. They all show stop errors, and if you would copy that error down, I'm sure somebody here will help.

Here is the stop error message I get when installing Vista x64 on 2395 and 2431:

Stop: 0x0000000A (0x00000040030F4980, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000001, 0xFFFF80009887205)

Hi Folks, I can provide a bit more information.

The error is "irql_not_equal_less" with techincal information "0X0000000A (0XFFFFFD80012AD18, 0X0000000000000002, 0X0000000000000000, 0XFFFFF8000988F6A4)

The error comes after booting from the DVD and selecting "Windows Vista" as the OS to install. Sometimes Vista begins loading programs.

I have to update my sig, but new setup is a QX6700, Badaxe2, 2gb Corsair Dominator PC8500, Creative XFI Music, PC Power & Cooling Silent 750. Right now I only have 2 Raptors hooked up. One has XP Pro on it and the other is the one I am trying to load Vista on.

Does this give anyone enough to make a guess?

Thanks,

Installing Vista 32-bit works fine. I tried 2 discs of Vista x64 (Burned on different PCs with Nero 6 and Nero 7), both give me the stop error.

Ooops, here I was trying to provide as much info as needed and I forgot one little, trivial,insignficant detail..... It is Vista 64 that I was trying to install.

Sounds like there is something that Vista 64 and 2431 bios disagree over.

Someone from another forum had no problem installing Vista 64 using 2395 and updated to 2431 with no problems.

So far I swapped out the memory with some G.Skill and also swapped out the 8800GTX with a 8800GTS, still nothing.

Then what? Reset Multi Core after Vista is loaded or live with the most expensive single core on the planet?

Back