• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Intel BadAxe2 and Swiftech Storm CPU block

matsuya

Gawd
Joined
Dec 7, 2006
Messages
741
Is anyone using a Swiftech Storm on a BadAxe2 motherboard? I'm wondering if the heatsinks around the CPU will be in the way.
 
I am not but lots of people are. You may want a backplate for it. Then you will probably need to change the crews if you want to use the acorn nuts.
 
Here's mine during assembly - works fine as long as you orient it this way. I've had two BX2's (first was DOA - this one is absolutely killer), and both worked, but are very close as shown in the pic.

four.jpg




Tom
 
Here's mine during assembly - works fine as long as you orient it this way. I've had two BX2's (first was DOA - this one is absolutely killer), and both worked, but are very close as shown in the pic.

four.jpg




Tom
There's enough clearance from the heatsink next to the 4-pin molex? I was worried the block wouldn't completely touch the CPU because of this.
 
Yep. There's about 1mm clearance, but it clears without hanging up the block.

Edit: I'll try to remember to take another pic for you tomorrow with a better view...


Tom
 
Yep. There's about 1mm clearance, but it clears without hanging up the block.

Edit: I'll try to remember to take another pic for you tomorrow with a better view...


Tom
Thanks, I really appreciate it. It's an expensive block and I'm a little paranoid about getting it.
 
Thanks, I really appreciate it. It's an expensive block and I'm a little paranoid about getting it.

OK, here's a close up shot. You can see it's about 1mm+...

The top fin on that heatsink is shorter, so it's actually below the Storm's mounting bracket. The closest area is next to the second fin.

storm_bx2.jpg



Tom
 
Back
Top