Intel "Arrow Lake-S" Engineering Sample Posts Over 25% 1T Perf Gain Over i9-13900K, Falls Behind in nT

erek

[H]F Junkie
“Since we don't know which processor model this "Arrow Lake-S" ES is, we have no way of telling if it is the top SKU with its rumored 8P+16E core configuration, or a mid-tier Core i5 SKU with the expected 6P+8E configuration. The single-threaded test only loads one P-core, and here the IPC of one of the chip's "Lion Cove" P-cores is able to trounce one of the "Raptor Cove" P-cores of the i9-13900K reference score. You also have to understand that the Hyper-Threading plays no role in this thread. Where it could play a role is the multithreaded test. "Lion Cove" lacks HTT support unlike "Raptor Cove," and the i9-13900K is a 24-core/32-thread processor. It's important to note here, that "Arrow Lake" doesn't just have up to 8 "Lion Cove" P-cores, but also up to 16 "Skymont" E-cores that Intel claims to have achieved a massive IPC gain over its predecessor, bringing its IPC in the league of past-generation P-cores such as the "Raptor Cove" or "Golden Cove."”

1719924238449.png

1719924287145.png

Source: https://www.techpowerup.com/324062/...t-perf-gain-over-i9-13900k-falls-behind-in-nt

Based on the score in Multi Thread it appears to be an "i5" class part with much fewer cores than the 14900KS.
It should have the same core count as a 14600K.
So then if you compare the Arrow Lake test chip to the 14600K on the chart the numbers match up for the supposed gains across the board.

So while tech powerup there can score some clickbait headlines with the "Falls behind in Multi-Thread" part of their title, They are comparing Oranges to Orangutangs here, and it's misleading.

Based on the score in Multi Thread it appears to be an "i5" class part with much fewer cores than the 14900KS.
It should have the same core count as a 14600K.
So then if you compare the Arrow Lake test chip to the 14600K on the chart the numbers match up for the supposed gains across the board.

So while tech powerup there can score some clickbait headlines with the "Falls behind in Multi-Thread" part of their title, They are comparing Oranges to Orangutangs here, and it's misleading.
sad an i5 part :(

Wow the fake leaks are all over the place now.
The MT score is too low and is fake.
The real MT score about matches a 13900K, as the IPC makes up for the lack of hyperthreading.
A chinese user on baidu posted that the original picture was fake, in the baidu thread.

Wow the fake leaks are all over the place now.
The MT score is too low and is fake.
The real MT score about matches a 13900K, as the IPC makes up for the lack of hyperthreading.
A chinese user on baidu posted that the original picture was fake, in the baidu thread.
I didn’t realize it was getting that bad :(

Thanks for your diligence on this and speaking up for the benefit & awareness of the forum

Back