intel 82579v firmware needed

cubeover2

n00b
Hello Gurus
I have accidentally booted off an iMac HDD which had bootcamp installed (i know, i know) and this erased by BIOS.
Because my X79-DELUXE could not POST, I have had to use BIOS FlashBack(tm) procedure, but unfortunately this went wrong, I believe due to chip timing incompatible and untested with the SMC code that does this, and somehow it was untested by Asus (?) anyway, chip blown, not flash-backing. Blinking some then ON forever.
I have had to completely replace the BIOS chip, then FlashBack(tm) worked with all same conditions (USB stick).
Unfortunately this blew few things, namely :
- lost UUID
- lost MAC address
- lost serial number (but i know what it was)
- lost model / maker record
= lost intel 82579v firmware, the tools say "N/A" nothing there, invalid - and the card shows code 10 cannot load driver.

Would somebody please supply me with a good-working BIOS.BIN backup with those things? I will slap my own IDs, but most of all I need the bloody onboard intel 82579v NIC firmware somehow added.
Thanks.

That's a tall order. It's good you got it in a working condition (without a functional NIC) but why not just get a PCIe NIC? Or a USB one if necessary, but the X79-Deluxe has quite a few PCIe slots available.

Otherwise I hope someone replies that can help you.

Back