Intel 550 Release Date?

Beccara

n00b
If there an eta on when the 550 will be release? i'm lookiing to buy one soon and wanna know when they will be hitting the shops

800mhz FSB - 3.4ghz 1mb cache, new core i belive and new stepping so we should see some good o/c's on ear, 3.4ghz to 4ghz easy on air i bet

The main thing is the new socket will allow more current into the cpu :D

Beccara said:
Cool, I just got my 755 mobo with ddr2 and pci-express x600xt GFX card
Where are they selling PGA755 motherboards? I can't believe they would actually let the store ship them a week or more before the chipset is even announced.

Beccara said:
Pics comming today or tomorrow
Um, ok... Where did you buy it? Are you an employee at Intel or a guy who gets review samples?

Holy Shit........ $ 303.00 for that? Unless that's a dual processor mobo, I wouldn't spend that much on it. :eek:

StArWaRrIoR said:
Holy Shit........ $ 303.00 for that? Unless that's a dual processor mobo, I wouldn't spend that much on it. :eek:

Thats in New Zealand dollars silly. :p

Beccara said:
The chipset has already been released, its the CPU that isnt released untill monday

http://www.stylespc.com/xcart/customer/home.php?cat=364

Retail
Hmm, further than I though, released for sale at least. I don't remember seeing a press release for it, I doubt I could have missed it. Anyway, at the so-called official release (less a paper launch), you would usually see reviews from the hardware sites. Waiting til Mon for those.

If we're lucky AMD might drop their price of their socket 939 cpus.
Otherwise i'm all over intel 775 socket

Back