Intel 535 - 240gb $60, 480gb $130 @ MC

Thanks! In for 4. Standard shipping for me was $8.96.

I wanted to get 4 as well, but 2 will suffice me while I save up for the 750.

Wonder why they're dumping these so cheap, I wonder. I've never even been able to find an old Intel SSD for under $70 in any place I've ever shopped with, go figure, much less $60 for a 240GB - an Intel SSD - which is vastly cheaper than any other brand I've seen this holiday season so far.

My guess is they have a new workstation class SSD coming out soon and are dumping these.

The douche bags at MC canceled my order. They claim that the 240's are in store only when the website does not say anything about that.

The douche bags at MC canceled my order. They claim that the 240's are in store only when the website does not say anything about that.

just a half hour ago the 240GB page said "Ships In 2-3 Days"..now it says "In Store" pickup. I haven't got a cancellation email yet but my order history shows an order number but the total is listed as "$0.00" so I'm assuming my order is getting an enema. Maybe the Chinese hacked Micro like they did NEC lol.

Click on the order details, mine showed $0.00 as well.

I first did the online chat then called them and they don't care. Unwilling to help in any way. This was my first order from them and will be my last due to the experience of not honoring their sale.

Click on the order details, mine showed $0.00 as well.

I first did the online chat then called them and they don't care. Unwilling to help in any way. This was my first order from them and will be my last due to the experience of not honoring their sale.

I went to online chat too. After about 5 minutes waiting (during which I was listed as only "1" in line - ok sure lol) my order history suddenly showed that my order was cancelled - which of course doesn't show up on the financial side of things where I'm still listed as $70 in the hole.

Last edited:
So they canceled my first without actually telling me, I went ahead and ordered another set and now it's set to pending. I probably won't be shopping there anymore either after this.:(

MC should really do something like "in-store only OR with $200 order" for their currently "in-store only" deals.

I ordered the smaller of the two drives from their site and just got an order cancellation.

Nice, how do these compare to Samsung 850 EVOs?

Gonna Google in the meantime.

Edit: Looks like it's showing up as $150 for the 480GB ones?

Nice, how do these compare to Samsung 850 EVOs?

Gonna Google in the meantime.

Edit: Looks like it's showing up as $150 for the 480GB ones?

Yea prices went up. I think the reads were comparable to the evo but the writes were slower.

Thanks OP. I drove down to the Boston/Cambridge MC. Traffic was a complete horror show. Pick-up 1-240GB & 1-480GB. I'll use the 240GB for a boot-up OS SSD & the 480GB for additional space.

Sorry for the people that don't have a MC near by. They are so set-up as "brick & motor" operation. They'll never be like online Newegg. Just an FYI. They had a lot of both drives in the window case (@ least 30+)

Well looks like the 240 is up to 79. Should've done the buy online and pick up in store route.

The 120 is $49 in store, but not paying $10 less for half the capacity.

Well looks like the 240 is up to 79. Should've done the buy online and pick up in store route.

The 120 is $49 in store, but not paying $10 less for half the capacity.

Silent: That's what I do myself. I'll order it online & if sometimes I don't have the time, I'll pick-it later. They usually hold orders for 4+ days. It's a 35-40 minute trip for me & it's on Cambridge, MA. which can be a PITA with traffic.

Back