• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Intel 520 - 5 year WarrantyR

That 1... why aren't the main retailers selling the 5YR warranty drive though ? Seems weird.

What makes them different, I mean they ARE the same drive ?
 
ya that is strange.

on newegg the retail version ends in k5 but the oem version doesn't . . .
 
Well this is a topic I wish I hadn't seen! The whole hoopla when these things were released was all about the industry-first 5-year warranty and I read several reviews, etc. before purchasing. Never saw a word about the warranty difference from retail and OEM versions! I ordered one from Newegg and really don't remember seeing anything on their website about diifferences in warranty but now the retail version makes no mention of manufacture warranty in the description, but the OEM version does describe the "limited 5 year" warranty on that model.

I am about the cry "foul" on this one. If this is the case, it is a total reversal of Intel's previous policies on CPUs where the retail version always had the better warranty than the OEM version. Not sure I ever noticed it with SSDs and I've never used anything but Intel SSDs in my builds. Expect I am going to be on the phone with Intel soon and then maybe Newegg. Not that this is earth-shattering as I still expect to have good reliability out of Intel as always but the much ballyhooed 5-year warranty certainly went toward my decision to buy this model. Seems a bit of misleading advertising was at work or maybe I'm at fault for not downloading the Intel warranty info and reading it before purchase. Didn't think I needed to after all the things being said and my past experience of their retail processors always having better warranty than the OEM. Guessed it would hold the same for their SSDs. Guess NOT.
 
Hmm, maybe it means the ones without the B5 and K5 don't have media wear-out thingie and it's a straight up 5 years? Guess I'll find out in a few days, I've got a 520 on it's way to me.
 

Thank you. I followed the links on Intel website to this same information but then misread the "are B5 and K5" and got angry all over again. Took a bit to see the difference between this information and the information in the prior link. Guess I can go back to bed with my faith in Intel restored. Need to check my reading comprehension and eyesight! Pretty much proves I didn't read the little warranty sheet that came with the SSD doesn't it.

Just opened the box to look again and there was no warranty sheet; the warranty and installation guide were on a mini-diskette which you can be sure I didn't bother with :eek:
 
Back
Top