Intel 330 180GB for $90 AR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Decimus

[H]ard|Gawd
So stealing this off slickdeals but I thought I would share at $0.50 per gb

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat...ffiliateID=lw9MynSeamY-338UmcP7kpGCXTWQakm2_w

Slickdeals posting

http://slickdeals.net/f/5462318-180...C2CT180A3K5-90-After-Rebate-Shipping-LIVE-NOW

You can get the offer purchasing right now even if you aren't currently in 11/9/12 because it is based out of Eastern USA so it is past midnight there. However the rebate isn't going to be available to print till 5 AM. Rebate also is good for up to 2 SSD's.

I am thinking about pulling the trigger on this guy for my netbook.

Reviews seem good for this drive.

If you think you're not going to get it.

Rules of thumb for buying a SSD

1: If your machines has a hard drive, a SSD will blow it out of the fucking water in terms of speed, even so called "crappy" ones
2: If you're making arguments about storage space, obviously you don't care about speed, and you're probably still using tape backups :p
3: If you already have a SSD, then you can think about getting another and do comparisons between brands

1: If your machines has a hard drive, a SSD will blow it out of the fucking water in terms of speed, even so called "crappy" ones
2: If you're making arguments about storage space, obviously you don't care about speed, and you're probably still using tape backups :p
3: If you already have a SSD, then you can think about getting another and do comparisons between brands

That made me laugh.

I have a force gt 240 for my desktop. Love the speed.

I really only use my net book for work. a 120-128 drive would be good enough.

I was eyeballing the Samsung 830's

Whats wrong with tape backups? Cheap and reliable storage technology. Only restoring from tape becomes an issue due to time. However tape is still the cheapest DR plan out there.

I dont see how there isn't an issue with storage? Moving shit around multiple SSD drives is painful and then you have more redundancy in backing up multiple drives to a single back up solution and having to move shit around from your storage drive to your SSD which negates any benefit of SSD since your slowest link is still going to be your 500 gb to 1 TB hard drive.

Also I want to pick 2 of these up, but I am not sure reliability wise how these are. Reliability is my main goal. And 2 means I am going to raid them, so that is like throwing a snow storm on top of a hurricane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back