Intake fans

demingo

Trump is My President!
Joined
Feb 22, 2003
Messages
2,702
I have 2 intake fans in the front of my case. however, one of them is blowing right over both of my harddrives. i was wondering how much of a negative effect this has on my case temp. while it is nice to have one on the drives to keep them cooler, i have to wonder how much heat it adds to overall case temps. I also have a side intake positioned over my vid card

any thoughts?
 
well unless their some high speed rpm drives like the raptors, i dont see how that could affect your case temps to a noticeable degree.
 
I have a raid 0 setup of a couple raptors in a V1000 case, so its pretty easy to determine whether the temperatures coming from the hard drives get hot or not. The v1000 is that case with separate partitions for every pc perhiperal - system, hard drives, power supply, etc.

The temperature in my room is around 26C, which is quite hot. The air exiting the hard drive portion of the case is 30C under load. Thats quite alot of heat going into your case.

Oh and on side intake fans - they're great for the video card, but they're hell for everything else. They negatively disrupt air flow in the case. I get better temps anyways with a port fan.
 
Back
Top