Insurgency (Standalone) - How active is it?

MrHood22

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm big on CS:GO and I haven't seen anything that will replace it (for me) but I do look for games to play when I'm burnt out of CS:GO. I tend to like things that are a bit slower paced so I have been playing some America's Army Proving Grounds Beta. I like the tactical nature of that which leads me to Insurgency.

I haven't heard of that until now but apparently it's been out for a year and actually started as a mod for Half Life 2. I've watched some reviews and gameplay footage which have definitely got me interested but I feel like the 1 year marker is the time when you see if a game is going to keep on truckin or just fizzle out.

Is this game still active? I know it won't compete with big name games like CS:GO, COD, and BF4 but I don't want to try to find a game for 25 minutes only to realize there aren't any decent servers and it's kind of a ghost town.

Can any current players chime in?

$15
http://store.steampowered.com/app/222880/

I got it for $1.00 as part of a humble bundle. Its a relatively good game with rough graphics/UI that rewards strategy. Sadly the server population is about 50% kiddies that want to blast islamic prayer chanting (which is admittedly catchy as hell) and be general shitbags in the games.

There are a few well admin'd servers that encourage actual gameplay, but the game is extremely hard on the offensive side if you don't have a competent team.

You'll find players. It is an okay game. Mechanics are not wonderful and it certainly is more mainstream than the mod. Even though I was not a fan of RO2 (especially since it was broken for months after release) but at this time I would recommend RO2/Rising Storm over it. But both can be had for cheap.

Insurgency is one of the BEST new Indie titles to come out in a long time. Makes CS:GO look like a joke. It's worth every penny at the full price (a whopping $15) and then when you get into the massive workshop support for it...well, let's just say if you don't have it then you aren't an FPS player.

And my God...don't even mention CoD or BF, they are about the worst ones you could buy.

Back