• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

installing XP on a Adaptec ATA RAID 1200A

Souleron

n00b
Joined
Jun 10, 2004
Messages
19
I am trying to install windows XP on my Adaptec ATA RAID 1200A card with 2 60GIG Maxtor HDD same model running Raid 0. I have DL the driver disk and updated the bios for the Adaptec ATA RAID 1200A.

I goto the raid BIOS screen I set the 2 drives for raid 0 then reboot.

I boot from the XP CD push f6 I install the raid driver. It sees 1 120 HDD. It formats the HDD. It copies the files to the HDD. Then it reboots. Soon after that I get a blue screen.

bla bla bla windows has halted to prevent damage....

I have tried both Windows XP/w SP1 and XP/w SP2 same problem.

Maybe I did not do somthing right in the raid bios setup screen?
 
Back
Top