installing winxp pro

Mizugori

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Mar 25, 2004
Messages
1,240
okay i was checking out my dell the other day, and it seems that they have a small (i think 80 megs) partitioned space, in addition to the main chunk...is this some kind of swap file? when i install a fresh copy of winxp pro on a new pc i always just format it all ntfs and install...should i do it differently?

thanks!
 
The best way is to do a clean install. I always do that when working with Dell at work. After receiving the package, I put in the floppy Diagnostic Utilities created from Western Digital (Dell is using Western Digital hardrives for their system) to write zero to drive and then using the Win XP Pro CD to make a clean install. Do not use the recover CD, only the Operating System/Win XP Pro CD.
 
DKTVPN said:
The best way is to do a clean install. I always do that when working with Dell at work. After receiving the package, I put in the floppy Diagnostic Utilities created from Western Digital (Dell is using Western Digital hardrives for their system) to write zero to drive and then using the Win XP Pro CD to make a clean install. Do not use the recover CD, only the Operating System/Win XP Pro CD.

I agree 100% :D

OldMX
 
I think that partitioned space is Dell's diagnostic paritition or something like that. Basically they put diagnostic tools there. Unless you are hurting for that 80 megs, I'd say leave it alone. It might save you one day when your HD bombs or something.
 
Back
Top