Installing Windows 7 from USB drive gives 0x80070570 error

dalearyous

[H]ard|Gawd
i have tried 3 different ISOs and 2 different USB sticks and they all error "windows cannot install required files. the file may be corrupt or missing. make sure all files required for installation are available, and restart the installation ..."

wth is going on? i have even tried using 2 different computers to transfer the files to the USB drive.

control c control v

i am basically mounting the ISO, and copying all the files from the virtual drive to the USB drive

that tool does not accept any of my ISOs

one is from my school msdnaa and another is from a purchase i made from windows store.

consult the sticky at the top of this forum.

go download an iso from anywhere. dreakspark, torrents. Its not illegal if you have a key.

i have tried that too, i think i have 4 copies now

going to try win2flash
*edit: nope same f&cking problem!

Last edited:
Instead of simple copy and paste, try mounting the ISO and then going to the command line and doing the following:

xcopy E: F: /e /h

E: would be the virtual drive where you mounted the ISO and F: would be the USB flash drive.

same problem. extremely annoying!

i ran memtest and the netbook passed as well as DFT (drive fitness test) so it isn't hardware.

Is the partition that holds all the data active?

Where are you seeing that error?

yes it is, i see it on the 2nd step during install around 40% (expanding windows files)

i am sooo pissed right now. i have tried probably 5 different ISOs, 3 different USB drives doing it all manually and NOTHING works.

and i don't have a f*cking external DVD drive ... guess i need to find one

i have tried windows 7 x64, x86 SP1 or without SP1, NOTHING works

Give chkdsk a shot. Does the HDD's SMART info show anything abnormal? Try a different IO (SATA/IDE) port?

Try the setup again with only one stick of RAM.

What are the ISO MD5/SHA-1 hashes/where did you download them from?

Tried different USB ports?

Most people with the same issue solved it after they figured it was either a bad HDD, bad stick of RAM (or too many sticks for whatever reason), or a corrupt ISO so there isn't much else to test.

Last edited:
i got an ISO that the windows 7 usb/dvd tool likes (straight from microsoft's store) and setting up my USB drive with that.

i just ran memtest again and it passed. i have tried different USB ports. can't try different sata ports because i am doing this on an asus netbook.

if this official windows one fails i will revisit the hard drive diagnostics.

*edit - FAILED ... onto more hard drive testing ugh

**edit - Wow! i am stunned. my THIRD usb drive for some reason worked ... i changed nothing in the procedure. its even the free generic USB drive i got along with something else. the other 2 are name brand and faster. very odd

Last edited:
Back