installing ubuntu 9.04

Lord Sarg

Limp Gawd
hello. this is my 1st time ever trying to install or use linux. so i downloaded and burned the iso image of ubuntu 9.04. after it was done i ran the exe file and it tells me if i wanna install or try demo, i click install and then it tells me if i want it to reboot now or reboot myself later. i clicked reboot now but nothing happens. so i then restarted my computer myself and booted from the cd. the logo popped up and i choose to install ubuntu. the loading screen then comes up and shows the bar loading. after it loads it just goes to a black screen. i waited for awhile and tried more than ones but nothing happens after it turns black. i even tried to re burn the iso but still nothing. my set up is in my sig (desktop) if u need to see the hardware. hopefully someone can help me out with the info i gave. thanks.

Try booting from the CD and choosing 'Check CD for defects'. It could be media troubles, reading drive troubles (I've had a not terribly old DVD burner start having trouble reading CD-Rs recently), or just a bad image.

i had a video problem after i installed ubuntu but after i updated through the update manager it didnt happen again. i think some distros are picky about what video your using.

Back