Installing sinks on mobo’s mosfets

amd7674

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jan 1, 2007
Messages
1,813
I’m just putting together HAF 922 case and my el cheapo old mobo m3n78-vm doesn’t have any sinks on mosfets.

I do have some spare aluminum sinks (vram and others) and tons of double sided Sekisui thermal tape.

If I’m not mistaken there are 10 mosfets above CPU bracket, and few others I don’t think I have access to..

Is it worth doing it, or it might actually cause more harm than good?

TIA… ;)
 
Are you going to be OCing? I mean, it wont hurt even if you are not, unless you put them on wrong and cause some kind of short with them. Other than that, I can't see it doing anything but helping. Me? I would do it just because....I can't leave anything alone, and those little buggers can get really hot, you also have all the parts laying around it seems, so there is no cost. So, might as well have a little project on the side right?
 
Yes, I do like to o/c (somewhat limited to my mobo now). Please correct me if I'm wrong but there are 10 mosfets just above CPU bracket, right? Also should I sit them so they don't touch caps?
 
Touching the caps should not be any problem (or anything else) so long as you are not touching any contact (conducting) points.
 
Back
Top