Installing SB600 RAID Drivers *after* Windows Install

DedEmbryonicCe11

[H]ard|Gawd
Is there some trick to getting the SB600 RAID working properly if you don't install the drivers during the Windows installation? I didn't bother doing the F6 diskette because my OS disk was not going to be on RAID but now I cannot get Windows to accept the drivers at all. Whenever manually attempting to load the drivers into Device Manager I get:

RAIDDriver.png

This is manually selecting the driver from the CD. Without the drivers installed properly setting up RAID in the BIOS only results in a blue screen before Windows loads (same with safe mode).

If you are going to use the SB600 in the raid function you have to set it up during your initial windows setup. There is no way around this that I know of. Depending on what board you have you need to get into the bios and change the option to ide instead of raid or ahci. I have a KA92 board and using the ahci setting on the hd's that I have cause it to crash.

LOL just finished doing something similar to enable AHCI for this chipset.

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fforum.gigabyte.de%2Fcgi-bin%2Fsbb%2Fsbb.cgi%3F%26a%3Dshow%26forum%3D2%26show%3D2290&langpair=de|en&hl=en&ie=UTF8

Well now I know better. I'm coming from a NF4 system that was perfectly fine installing the RAID drivers anytime I pleased. I'm not sure if I'll use that registry file or if it's best to just reinstall Windows since it's only been on here for two weeks. Is that post saying you can use the regular Catalyst driver package to get that registry entry in? The translation is pretty rough... Note that the driver that comes with the package he has linked is a bit outdated if anyone else uses it. It's 2.5.1540.28 while the CD that came with my Biostar TA770 has
2.5.1540.39 and 2.5.1540.40.

Just put the drive on a different controller and boot into windows with the other (RAID/AHCI) controller enabled with AHCI/RAID and then install the drivers and put the drive back on the AHCI/Raid controller. I haven't done this but I believe it should work. You could always use reapair install also and that is very quick with raid.

Back