Installing OS while OC'd?

DarkDonut

Limp Gawd
I'm getting ready to install a fresh copy of Windows 7 and I'm wondering whether I need to undo my OC before I do so? It's been running rock solid stable with the settings I have on it now, but with an early build of W7. I'm worried that a newer build may cause problems and I'm also unsure if there's any special circumstances that could cause the installation to fail or my OC to become unstable during the installation process.

Can I format/install without removing my OC? Will a new install of Windows effect my stability?

Apologies if this sounds dumb or is in the wrong forum.

If your are certain that your OC is rock solid, you should be fine.

When I upgraded my old Q6600 system (Running @ 3.4GHz), I forgot to set it back to stock when I went from Vista to Win 7, and it installed just fine.

Should be fine, again, as long as your sure your OC is 100% stable...I did mine from RC to full ultimate 2 days ago with all my OC's in place...

I do it all the time, it should be fine. I've installed my vista benching OS, in the middle of a benching session, it was at 4.5 ghz AT LEAST ;)

I have never had an issue when I had overclocked my cpu and installed the OS.

The only time I ran into trouble, was when I installed the hacked OS we're not allowed to mention. *cough*

Back