Installing Office 2007 stops at 50% with the following error ...

Cov

Gawd
7420d1239035546-microsoft-office-2007-build-7000-works-installing-word-2007-issue-.jpg

Can I ask if anybody has ever come across this strange error when installing Office 2007 (only Excel & Word) ?

I have tried running in Vista compatibility mode but it didn't help.
With google I found many poeple having the same issue at one point, but no solution found.

Any ideas please ?

PS: OS is Windows 7 x64 build 7048

I've recently started getting that with several of my CDs that have worked in the past. My solution was to copy the files to the hard drive and run it from there, but I've seen others saying that doesn't solve the issue for them.

I have also been getting that same error as well but with different .cab files. I actually had to borrow a friend's CD, it seemed mine were corrupted.

I had this exact same issue not too long ago. I had the installation files ripped to my hard drive and it turned out one of the .cab files somehow got corrupted? I don't know how. But I re-copied the files and then the install went fine. It was very bizarre.

Edit: this was on XP, in case its relevant. Also, it was the exact same cab that your error references, and I know it was corrupted because if I tried to open it in winrar it would error out.

Hello, I have installed now successfully the Home & Student version of Office 2007 on my Windows 7 system.

Then I tried to follow what I read somewhere ...

1) iInstall your edition using a non-trial product key.

2) Under the start button open "Run.." and then go to C:\ Program Files \ Common Files \ Microsoft Shared \ OFFICE12 ... and ******* the file mso.dll .......

When I go to this location, there is no mso.dll file ... can you verify & confirm that please ?

Update dude !

Some kind member of [H]ardforum lead to to the solution which is sooooooo kewl.

Thank You ! ;)

Back