Installing new mobo/proc/video without reinstalling XP?

Voidz

n00b
I know the general answer is, don't do it... but if I say screw that and I want to try anyways... any recommendations on what my preparatory steps should be before I install the new hardware?

Create a new hardware profile...

Remove everything from device manager, run driver cleaner, shut down, install new hardware, boot up?

And if I wanna reinstall the o/s later on the same drive without losing data on the drive, a simple renaming of the doc/settings - windows - program files directories should do the trick right?

Seriously, it's one line above this post....it's right freakin next to the new thread button!!!!!!!!!!

djnes said:
Seriously, it's one line above this post....it's right freakin next to the new thread button!!!!!!!!!!

My bad!!! Hence the n00bie next to the name. *duck*

Voidz said:
My bad!!! Hence the n00bie next to the name. *duck*
We're just playin' around anyway. In all seriousness, read through that sticky...it's good info, and it works.

Hey cheer up....We all had to start somewhere.....Hell just two and a half years ago I could barely tell you what a video card did.....But look at me now...I've built many computers, worked for the US NAVY repairing civil service computers, Worked in a local tech shop, and now I have geek squad looking at me....God I hope geek squad isn't just setting up new users......

Rtstrider said:
now I have geek squad looking at me....God I hope geek squad isn't just setting up new users......

man they should really work on their comcerials..........not.........whatever, they need better comcerials :p

soulsaver_8229

Back