Installing gpu as a physics card.

genetech

Limp Gawd
I am wondering how i would install my second card as a physx card. I have an asus P5N-E SLI board and i am wondering, do i need to switch it to sli mode or do i just put the card in there and be done with it.

You put the card in and run it in non-sli mode. Then in the PhysX properties you can select which GPU you want to dedicate to PhysX processing.

It Turns Out that my board does require me to Hit a switch on the MB to activate the other PCI-E slot. ASUS uses a flip chip that you have to pop out and turn around then put it back in. I do wonder if 8x PCI-E speed will effect my gtx 260

does this work with crossfire boards like the asus p5q pro with a 8800gts for physx and gtx260 for video?

does this work with crossfire boards like the asus p5q pro with a 8800gts for physx and gtx260 for video?

I don' think you have to worry about that on your board because if you have a true x16 on both slots then you just need to pop it in. My Board uses the old X8 split when you use sli mode.

Other than that the physics card is said to work on all boards despite the make and model just so long as you have 2 slots.

So, you can install a secondary graphics card that you are not using as a physx card? I have a 7800GT and will be a getting a new card soon. Could I use the 7800GT as my physx card and use my other main card for graphics? Also, I have the same mobo as genetech so that will help if he gets his up and going.

So, you can install a secondary graphics card that you are not using as a physx card? I have a 7800GT and will be a getting a new card soon. Could I use the 7800GT as my physx card and use my other main card for graphics? Also, I have the same mobo as genetech so that will help if he gets his up and going.

i thought physx support was 8series and above

Back