Crashy

n00b
I was just wondering if it was ok to install drivers over a existing driver, bcs I have just built PC with B450 Tomahawk MAX and installed drivers from MSI site including the chipset driver, but afterwards I installed a chipset driver from AMD site without previously deleting the existing driver. I haven't had any problems except missing "other devices" in device manager.

Also, for some stupid reason, I plugged in my old 10A power supply cable into my new 600W PSU instead of plugging in new 16A cable and PC shut down after longer use. Could that damage components?

Last edited:
update the drivers for the unknown devices by pointing to the msi driver files.
no. the psu's protection kicked in so itll be fine with the correct cord. if you keep doing it it might be a prob. but this whould have been in general hardware or video section...

update the drivers for the unknown devices by pointing to the msi driver files.
no. the psu's protection kicked in so itll be fine with the correct cord. if you keep doing it it might be a prob. but this whould have been in general hardware or video section...

I am not sure I understand how to update them. I am not even sure which drivers I am missing, but PC is working fine so I don't know if I really need them.

Before I installed chipset driver over chipset driver "Other devices" was in device manager and it said that I missed 3 drivers, but after update it was gone. Does that mean that I do not miss those drivers anymore?

I am not sure I understand how to update them. I am not even sure which drivers I am missing, but PC is working fine so I don't know if I really need them.

Before I installed chipset driver over chipset driver "Other devices" was in device manager and it said that I missed 3 drivers, but after update it was gone. Does that mean that I do not miss those drivers anymore?
yeah if you dont see "other devices" anymore the update loaded the driver. what I meant was to install them via device manager>update driver and point to the msi folder. but it seems its sorted now.

If you have a newer driver present a lot of applications will let you know, but otherwise it's fine to simply install the latest one.

Regarding the power cables, are you talking about the black AC cable you plugged into the wall or are you talking about something you plugged into the motherboard? The AC cable shouldn't really matter but as long as you use the other cables that came with your PSU you will be fine.

The shutdown may have been completely unrelated to your PSU, however, since a hard shutdown is often indicative of a thermal issue with your CPU. Have you looked at your CPU temps?

If you have a newer driver present a lot of applications will let you know, but otherwise it's fine to simply install the latest one.

Regarding the power cables, are you talking about the black AC cable you plugged into the wall or are you talking about something you plugged into the motherboard? The AC cable shouldn't really matter but as long as you use the other cables that came with your PSU you will be fine.

The shutdown may have been completely unrelated to your PSU, however, since a hard shutdown is often indicative of a thermal issue with your CPU. Have you looked at your CPU temps?
I was talking about that black external cable and cpu temps are fine, they never exceed 65°C and I know its not gpu issue bcs I have had it for 3 years and it is fine, but I think its fine now, bcs I have played for 3 hours maybe even more.

Back