Installing CPU waterblocks on LGA 2011 Motherboard - Need advice

TechJeff

Limp Gawd
I am installing EK "Full Nickel" waterblocks on an Asus Z9PE-D8 WS motherboard. The EK waterblocks are this years model. After reading the instructions, I was a bit confused. Motherboards with LGA 2011, like this Asus, do not have any place on back to mount a backplate because they are on the board already. In the directions for LGA 2011 EK does NOT state you need the rubber gasket or backplate, yet the steps before this say you will need the "rubber gasket". So, it seems to me the directions are not correct for the rubber gasket part as there is no where to put it or where it should go on the motherboard. If you just follow the LGA 2011 directions in the later steps, they are correct and do not mention using the "rubber gasket".

For those with LGA 2011 motherboards with CPU waterblocks, just wanted to run this past you and be sure I wasn't doing something wrong by leaving out the rubber gasket. There is simply no where this would go otherwise.

For 2011 mobos you just attached the block with the screws and springs using the integrated locking mechanism that is stock on the mobo

Back