Installing barbs in Bay Res

ProOC

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 17, 2003
Messages
129
I just got my new bay res and the barbs came in a bag with them. I don't have a problem with attaching them other than I have no clue if I should use something in the threads or if I just thread them in there until tight as it will go.

Help! Thanks :D
 
Use some teflon tape, but don't tighten it down too hard or the res is liable to crack... Bayres' have been known for that in the past, I don't know if they have fixed that problem or not.
 
How much should I use? Wrap whole thread once? Thanks for reply.
 
@ wraps is more than enough............ :D If you got the new bay rez from Danger Den with just the 2 barb holes and the new barbs with the "O" ring seals, you really don't need the tape. But if you do have the new one and you decide to use the tape anyway, make sure that the tape doesn't get around the "O" rong.
 
Just make sure the threads are covered enough to prevent leaks around the threads....just get a good seal and you'll be fine.
 
Back
Top