• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Installing a new soundcard

T0pSh3lf

Weaksauce
Joined
Dec 27, 2005
Messages
66
Hey, I am going to be installing a new sound card, Creative Sound Blaster X-FI Xtrememusic 24BIT Sound Card or one bellow it, in preformance

I am just wondering, I have a mic port and a headphone port in the front of my CPU. Do those get plugged into the actual soundcard? or will the data from the new soundcard, travel through the mothboard, and go through those lines??

or is it only the outlets on the soundcard, that get a preformance boost?
 
T0pSh3lf said:
or is it only the outlets on the soundcard, that get a preformance boost?
Correct. If those outputs are wired to your mobo right now they will not work with your new card. As for if you'll be able to re-wire them to the x-fi, I don't know
 
Vertigo Acid said:
Correct. If those outputs are wired to your mobo right now they will not work with your new card. As for if you'll be able to re-wire them to the x-fi, I don't know


I highly doubt you will be able to rewire... Im almost positive, but Im sure there is a way. Just be creative.
 
ya, I picked up the plain and simple Audigy 2 zs and my headphones pretty much fit, if I run them from the back. I wasnt in that much of a panic.

Very impressed with the card. I have only owned the same card, but for a notebook (external) and that was decent enough. I was going to go higher, but im happy enough
 
(yup I know) but I am atleast pretending, this is the best soundcard out there, nothing is better, and I dont need to change it lol. Denial is great
 
T0pSh3lf said:
(yup I know) but I am atleast pretending, this is the best soundcard out there, nothing is better, and I dont need to change it lol. Denial is great
Keep up the mantra! :D
 
Back
Top