• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Installing a new OCZ Agility 3 SSD

DeaconFrost

[H]F Junkie
2FA
Joined
Sep 6, 2007
Messages
11,610
Okay, so apparently, there's quite a debate on what drivers to use for the OCZ version 3 SSDs. I was able to get a 240 GB Agility 3 for a good price and I will soon be installing it. With my current C300 drive, I was able to get much better read/write speeds once I installed the Intel drivers (when using AHCI), as opposed to the default msahci.sys drivers.

Now I am reading some forum threads where it is suggested to use the Microsoft default drivers with the OCZ version 3 drives, or else there's a high risk of BSoDs. Others debate that this isn't an issue.

Can anyone shed some light or experience on the subject...especially if you have a version 3 drive on AHCI ports?
 
I have used nothing but the intel RST drivers since installing mine quite some time ago and never had a bsod or any other problem relating to the horrible OCZ reputation.
 
I have used nothing but the intel RST drivers since installing mine quite some time ago and never had a bsod or any other problem relating to the horrible OCZ reputation.

Not to say their reputation isn't garbage, their SSDs have improved vastly beyond the nightmare which was the Agility/Vertex 2 SSDs.

The Agility/Vertex 1 and 3 series were and are actually pretty reliable.
 
By and large, I suggest using the RST drivers. With the latest firmware, I've not had any problems with RST of any kind with 2281s. In fact, I had more BSODs with MSAHCI a few months back before the latest FW.

So I'd say use RST.
 
Back
Top