Installed Vista Ultimate 64bit

2wiced

2[H]4U
Crysis Runs smoother at lower FPS but the FPS dont go high at all..and sometimes sutter. <- bugs me

How do i know if i have installed service pack 1? I ran all of the updates.

anything i should do to boost all around performance of Vista?

Specs

e4400@ 3.3ghz
8800GTS 512
320 +120 hard drive
4gb ram (pc6400)

Control Panel > Uninstall a Program > View Installed Updates > Service Pack for Windows KB936330

If you have that entry, Service Pack 1 is installed. If not, download it.

As far as Crysis performance goes, try running in High instead of Very High, and try setting Shadows to Low/Medium. Also, post processing at Medium will result in a fairly large performance boost (relatively speaking).

SP1 is only available through downloading from Microsoft's website currently, at a hefty 700ish MB for the 64-bit version, and 493 for the 32-bit version. They won't be placing it into Windows Update for another few weeks I believe.

Also, are you running patch 1.2? I saw a review somewhere that showed that the FPS in Crysis actually went up when they installed that patch.

What OS are you coming from - I take it XP x86 not Vista x86 right?

Honestly the best thing to boost performance in Vista is to just use it (in reference to vista prefetching commonly loaded progs into RAM). I am currently in the process of trying out a 'downgrade' to XP and I am noticing that loading time is longer for common items (ie firefox) so it seems that the RAM usage that so many people bitch and moan about really make a difference.

I have a dual boot setup, Vista 64 ultimate (i will end up using Business 64 probably)

I only have ultimate for 30 days lol.

I have a copy of XP Professional and was just wondering how 64 bit performs.

Back