• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Installed Omega 7.12 drivers - major problems

Spacetrucker

Weaksauce
Joined
Sep 22, 2005
Messages
65
I got a Sapphire Radeon X1950 Pro today, installed everything and all was well. I played a game(Pro Evolution Soccer 2008) and noticed it was a little stuttery on the highest settings so decided to go download the highly recommended Omega 7.12 drivers from Omegadrivers.net. I installed everything, followed all the instructions and all seemed well until I rebooted. I then got an error message, something about CDSM? It gave me 2 options - 1(F1)was to change settings or something and the second(F2) was to go back to the default config. I chose the second so I could go forward and do a system restore back to before I installed the Omega drivers.

When my system booted back up I still got the dreaded 2 beeps, so I assume this means something is still wrong somewhere. Everything seems to be working OK though. If I restored back to before installing the Omega drivers, how can anything still be wrong? If I need to I'll do a restore back to when I installed the entire card and it's contents. Any help and advice would be much appreciated :)
 
If you can, open up the case and reseat the graphics card. I can't recall what the beep-codes are at the moment and it might be just as simple as that. Other than that, I'd run the drivers provided by ATi or possibly try a different Omega version.
 
The card seems to be in fine, before I installed those Omega drivers I wasn't getting the beeps. I have downloaded and installed the ATI Catalyst 7.12 drivers and I'm still getting those beeps. Maybe it's something I can fix in the BIOS? :confused:
 
I think the beeps you hear are not related to the drivers in operating system, maybe caused by some hardware error, time to doublecheck bios settings, cards, memory sticks, loose cables, etc
 
I think the beeps you hear are not related to the drivers in operating system, maybe caused by some hardware error, time to doublecheck bios settings, cards, memory sticks, loose cables, etc

I'll check everything out thoroughly, but like I said - before I installed those drivers everything was fine, only one beep etc.
 
the drivers would not have caused that.......99%.sure. yes, it's odd that it happened after you installed the drivers.

your gunna have to trouble shoot but please start by giving us your system specs. give us specific details regarding your psu, any o/c's too.
 
the drivers would not have caused that.......99%.sure. yes, it's odd that it happened after you installed the drivers.

your gunna have to trouble shoot but please start by giving us your system specs. give us specific details regarding your psu, any o/c's too.

MSI MS-6741
Athlon 64 3400+ 2.2GHz
Seasonic S12 430W
Seagate 200GB
M- Audio Audiophile 192

No o/c's :)
 
I'm still getting the 2 beeps(very close together) despite trying a bunch of different things. Also, perhaps worryingly, when booting up the system is completely bypassing the hardware scan and going straight to the Windows XP logo :confused: I''ve looked inside the case and I can't see anything at all wrong. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling a bunch of different ATI Catalyst drivers, using system restore to go back to before I installed the card/drivers - all to no avail. I could really use some help and advice.
 
try selecting default bios settings. worth a try if yu havent already

if not that, then it's all coincidence and your card is busted
 
try selecting default bios settings. worth a try if yu havent already

if not that, then it's all coincidence and your card is busted

I really don't think it's the card as it does it whether it is in or out. Could going back to the default BIOS settings cause any damage to anything?
 
No. Loading the default BIOS options will just make it revert to factory settings which won't harm anything. If it does it without the video card, something else is going on. Have you reseated the memory on the motherboard and any other cards you have in there?
 
No. Loading the default BIOS options will just make it revert to factory settings which won't harm anything. If it does it without the video card, something else is going on. Have you reseated the memory on the motherboard and any other cards you have in there?

I've completely checked everything and I can't see anything loose. Is it worth taking my RAM out and reseating it to eliminate it? I could also disconnect my HD to try that I guess. I honestly don't think these beeps are indicative of a big problem, but the not knowing is bugging me :mad:
 
Back
Top