Installed new Live Messenger & Mail... WTF?!

Jaa-Yoo

Limp Gawd
I was prompted to upgrade yesterday so i did.... 90+ Mb downloaded for Live messenger and Live mail Kinda big, but anyway...
My new messenger is hideous! I had a quick look around but couldnt find any way to customize anything but the color. I will get used to the ugly layout, but the font looks like its clear type by default and my monitor doesnt do very well with that. All text in both messenger and mail look blurry. Is there any way to change this or customize the programs to look like the older versions?

Its out of beta now, and available for download.
I know how to bring up the menu. :)
Clear type is enabled by default in the program with no obvious way to turn it off. Its not in the font settings. Kinda like in Vista.
Guess i better start squinting

The new Windows Live Messenger is a cluster-fuck from start to finish.

From all the extraneous crap it installs (DirectX 9, Visual Studio Runtime, to name but TWO items that were already on my machine and fully up to date), to the increased screen space requirements and the awful new UI it went from being neat and simple to unnecessarily ugly.

It has received lots of features that are sure to appeal to the same types of people that have given MySpace a well deserved reputation for catastrophically unviewable pages, and will delight the spasmodic, talentless fuckwits that go out of their way to make things obnoxious and loud and then try and claim it is "individual".

My personal "favorite" feature is the "scene" you choose as the background the everyone ELSE is FORCED to look at in any chat window you open with them.

Just what I need ... bright, ugly, obscene (literally and figuratively) images in my IM client that I CANNOT DISABLE (the Live team makes great pains to point out that this was a design decisions!) ... so any contact with no sense of propiety or common sense can render you unable to use the damn thing anywhere but at home.

Short version: Messenger was the only IM client I used. If you wanted to talk to me, you installed it or you used email. The 2009 (v14) update has rendered it worthless and I have removed it. And since the Live team has managed to totally fuck up Hotmail as well, I switched to Trillian and gmail.

Nice going Live Team!

Why the fuck is it you have not all been shit-canned yet?

Back