Jan 31, 2004 #1 M MrFace 2[H]4U Joined Feb 23, 2003 Messages 2,716 Wtf is going on. I just installed FFXI. I start to play, and then my computer shuts off. Then it does it again when i'm in the bios. Then it does it again when i get into windows finally. It seems like the videocard turns off...weird...
Wtf is going on. I just installed FFXI. I start to play, and then my computer shuts off. Then it does it again when i'm in the bios. Then it does it again when i get into windows finally. It seems like the videocard turns off...weird...
Jan 31, 2004 #2 M Mad_Pyro [H]ard|Gawd Joined Jul 16, 2002 Messages 2,015 Reset CMOS and then reinstall Windows.
Jan 31, 2004 #3 H Hades16x 2[H]4U 2FA Joined Sep 24, 2003 Messages 3,976 Well first thing you need to try is to run stock settings Your pc will run FFXI with no oc I know mine did. Next thing, is your ram overclocked 1:1 or 5:4 or waht since your proc has a 400mhz effective fsb If its 1:1, chances are your ram isnt perfectly stable with that overclock so your fuxing yourself up their. Mad pyro wtf? Why dont we tell him just to throw his system away and buy a A64. Were trying to work around reformatting
Well first thing you need to try is to run stock settings Your pc will run FFXI with no oc I know mine did. Next thing, is your ram overclocked 1:1 or 5:4 or waht since your proc has a 400mhz effective fsb If its 1:1, chances are your ram isnt perfectly stable with that overclock so your fuxing yourself up their. Mad pyro wtf? Why dont we tell him just to throw his system away and buy a A64. Were trying to work around reformatting
Jan 31, 2004 #4 M MrFace 2[H]4U Joined Feb 23, 2003 Messages 2,716 My computer has been fine for a month now...I just installed FFXI and it's doing this... It's weird...everything shuts off, but my power light stays on... Maybe a new power supply.
My computer has been fine for a month now...I just installed FFXI and it's doing this... It's weird...everything shuts off, but my power light stays on... Maybe a new power supply.
Jan 31, 2004 #5 M MrFace 2[H]4U Joined Feb 23, 2003 Messages 2,716 Or maybe it's my video card... It started spazzing out earlier today, and now that I think about it, ever since then, I've had the problem.
Or maybe it's my video card... It started spazzing out earlier today, and now that I think about it, ever since then, I've had the problem.
Jan 31, 2004 #7 M MrFace 2[H]4U Joined Feb 23, 2003 Messages 2,716 My computer's been fine now....weird man, weird.