• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Installed EVMS on linux guI...now how do I find it?

general

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Oct 14, 2004
Messages
1,192
I have installed this program and the gui in Ubuntu Linux, but how exactly do I start the interface? There is no menu item. Anyone know?
 
Run `evmsgui` in a terminal. Did you have no luck with CentOS?

 
I gave up. I'll take the advice of others who say that Ubuntu is just as good but way easier to use. My battles continue thought because it seems that linux doesn't want to recognize my SATA drives.
 
Linux wans't seeing any of them. I did a more in depth search and it seems that the motherboard chipset doesn't have linux support. I've ordered something that does. On the bright side, after figuring out how to have Ubuntu let me login as root, I've been able to create a menu item for EVMS. On the down side of that, I can only access it when logged in as root.
 
Back
Top