Installation Help with SHOC Benchmark on OS X 10 (Makefile)

Mad Cat

Limp Gawd
Wasn't sure if this should go here or in OSs or Programming. Anyways...

I am a die hard Windows user forced to use Mac OS X 10.6.4, but I am adapting. :p I am trying to install the SHOC benchmarking suit to run a GPU benchmark on a Mac desktop for an academic internship. I thought I set up the installation correctly in the default.mk config file (linked to by the makefile) but I keep on getting an error.

ld: warning: in ../../../lib/libSHOCCommon.a, file was built for unsupported file format which is not the architecture being linked (i386)
Undefined symbols:
"OptionParser::getOptionInt(std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&) const", referenced from:
RunBenchmark(ResultDatabase&, OptionParser&) in BusSpeedDownload.o

A tech said it might be a conflict between 32- and 64-bit architecture but he could not check the '.a' architecture found in 'libSHOCCommon.a' to be sure.

SHOC 0.9 Beta Download (< 400kb, linked from ornl.gov)
default.mk (linked from google docs)

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

What kind of mac are you running to compile this? Also what's the output of uname -p?

It looks like the lib files are for x86_64 (using otool -hv) and you're trying to compile on i386.

Problem solved - answer was buried in the documentation. It was an issue with CUDA not running in 64-bit on Macs. Editing the config file to only run 32-bit before compilation fixed it.

Thanks

Back