• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

install question

XCLR82XTC

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 23, 2009
Messages
315
i finally got my card, it uses the same driver i currently have installed so all ill have to do is plug in the card right?
 
In theory yes :)
Though some prefer to uninstall the drivers, install the card, then isntall the drivers again. I would jsut slap it in and deal with it then.
 
hmm its the same card as before?
Or just a different card from the same family etc.?
if you plug it in and if it works, great, you're done.
but i have a feeling that you should have the drivers handy and something to clean out the old drivers.
 
the ge force cards all use the same driver apparently (unless your using 3d vision)

ill just figure it out when i get my power supply in a couple days.
 
I have a GTX 250, GTX 260 and GTX 280. The 250 and 260 are EVGA and the 280 is BFG and I can swap cards around at will and the drivers never need to be touched. Everything works great with the same driver.
 
To be on the safe side I would download and save 186.12s and also the latest WHQL drivers. I would download and install Driver Sweeper.
I would try to swap the card if it works with the current drivers then all is good. If not you have the drivers available and Driver Sweeper already installed.
 
I have a GTX 250, GTX 260 and GTX 280. The 250 and 260 are EVGA and the 280 is BFG and I can swap cards around at will and the drivers never need to be touched. Everything works great with the same driver.

+1 to this post. Otherwise use guru3d Nvidia driver cleaner or something and then install the required drivers
 
Back
Top