install firefox in WHS problem

vze3rvb2

n00b
Joined
Jul 27, 2006
Messages
28
I am trying to install firefox on WHS. When I tried to run the standard installation file (from the shared software folder in WHS) I got a 'windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file'. I also put the .msi version in the add-ons folder but it does not show up in the available add-ons window of the WHS console. Can anyone help? I know it's probably something obvious . . .
 
Firefox does not have a WHS extension. To install Firefox, you need to first login to your server using Remote Desktop Connection.

  1. Login to your server using Remote Desktop Connection
  2. Copy the installation from your storage pool to the C:\ drive. (You cannot install software directly from the storage pool)
  3. Right-click the file and go to Properties
  4. At the bottom of the General tab, there will be a section called Security. Click Unblock.
  5. Then run the installation.
  6. Install Firefox and follow the yellow brick road.

Hope this helps.

-Cool-
 
Back
Top