Install files on clients on domain logon?

BGM

Limp Gawd
Hello,

I have two files that i need all users in my office (25) to install on their machine, and i know that unless i go around and do it for them it isnt going to go very smoothly..

if i place these files (one .msi and one .reg) on a network share, is there something i could write/install so that when a user logs on to the domain it automatically grabs the files and executes them?

.msi followed by the .reg once it is complete

please note i have never written a logon script or batch file or anything similar before so go easy :)

im sure its real easy, so shoot away!

thanks very much

our network is all windows, with win2k3 servers and winxp users

BGM said:
Hello,

I have two files that i need all users in my office (25) to install on their machine, and i know that unless i go around and do it for them it isnt going to go very smoothly..

if i place these files (one .msi and one .reg) on a network share, is there something i could write/install so that when a user logs on to the domain it automatically grabs the files and executes them?

.msi followed by the .reg once it is complete

please note i have never written a logon script or batch file or anything similar before so go easy :)

im sure its real easy, so shoot away!

thanks very much

our network is all windows, with win2k3 servers and winxp users

have you looked into SMS (System Management Server)? It might be overkill for what you need to do though.

its ok, i did a batch file..

its not hard i found out :)

it copies the files to the local machine, executes them, and then deletes them... job done

Back