Instagram To Display Photos Out Of Order

HardOCP News

[H] News
I don't know why, but the first thing that popped into my head was Yoda's voice as I read this announcement. "Out of order they are, improved experience it will be." :D

To improve your experience, your feed will soon be ordered to show the moments we believe you will care about the most. The order of photos and videos in your feed will be based on the likelihood you’ll be interested in the content, your relationship with the person posting and the timeliness of the post. As we begin, we’re focusing on optimizing the order — all the posts will still be there, just in a different order.

So it'll be just like when Facebook decided to stop showing us all posts but the ones they think we want to see combined with the ones people paid for us to see.
It's free, so I suppose there isn't much room to complain...but I think we all know why this is what it is. Controlled bandwidth and $.

I'm fine with that as long as they make it optional. For people who follow 100's of people It will probably be a nice feature. I don't follow 100's of people though and would rather just see them in reverse chronological order like I do today. Very rarely are there more than a dozen or so new images in my feed when I check it.

Like facebook, I will probably stop using it if I cannot turn it off.

To improve your experience, your feed will soon be ordered to show the moments we believe you will care about the most.

/Sigh...yeah that's why I don't use Facebook. And they wonder why people are railing against the establishment. STOP TELLING US WHAT IS GOOD FOR US, WE KNOW!

Could only think of this:
and-justice-for-all-movie-misquote-captioned.gif

When will every other tech company learn that only Steve Jobs had the power to command his users to believe what was best for them. Even Apple can't do it as well any more now that he's gone.

Out of all the things people could be working on to evolve AI to help mankind, trying to figure out what we want to be entertained with should be at the absolute bottom. And if you've ever tried to figure a woman out, then you already know that it is paradoxically impossible.

Thankfully I'm so old fashioned that I don't follow anyone, I just bookmark some peoples pages in my browser who I wish to remember.

I hope the pictures won't be out of order on their pages, because that would just be great.

"hey I've posted a new image on my insta" and then you can't find it, because it's third in the fourth row

Back