Inspiron Fan Replacement

stonedwaldo420

Limp Gawd
I was talking to a dell support rep and found out something quite disturbing about replacing the fan on an Inspiron laptop. He said that if it is not under warranty, they will NOT REPLACE THE FAN…. No matter what you are willing to pay. Does anyone have any experience with this? I believe that the fan is built into some other pats of the laptop, so there is no way for the average user to replace the fan.
I hate to think that a broken fan turns my laptop into a $2000 paperweight.

Maybe posting somemore info on the unit would help? Like what it is other then inspiron. That rep was full of shit otherwise. Yea if you ship the notebook to them out of warranty they will replace the fan or the part that the fan is on if you are willing to pay for the part. If they give you crap you can prob pick up the fan from any number of sites that sell dell parts. If you don't feel ok taking the notebook apart you can always have a service center do it. Although many service centers don't do much work on dell notebooks nothing is stopping them other then that they may not be able to get parts.

yeah, usually you can find the required parts on eBay. But I need more information other than "inspiron" to let you know how easy the fan is to find. Dell makes ALOT of models of Inspiron.

Nothing Dell people say on the phone surprises me at this point. My I9300 is a great machine, so far, but I have had all kinds of insanity when it comes to calls to billing. I spoke with people in (4) India,(1) Panama, and (I'm pretty sure)(3) Texas. They sent me conflicting info and all I was trying to do was get it straightened out, but somehow, one of the first people I spoke with got it into her head that I was saying I never got my laptop. That mistake seemed to be immortal, as I got several calls by people "invesigating" my missing laptop that I had sitting next to me in it's case. The last guy had apparently spent some time on it, and he wasn't happy at all with the person, probably the second person in India I spoke with, who 's English was really bad, and started the whole "Missing Laptop" insanity in the first place.

I really hope I don't have to deal with tech support... :eek:

Anybody who needs help taking apart a dell laptop, or wants to know about the innards WITHOUT opening them.. pm me.
I can get ya started on tearing them apart and tell you the general layouts if you give me the model number, at least for most of the ones in the last 4+ years.

sage19 said:
Anybody who needs help taking apart a dell laptop, or wants to know about the innards WITHOUT opening them.. pm me.
I can get ya started on tearing them apart and tell you the general layouts if you give me the model number, at least for most of the ones in the last 4+ years.
quiet you...quit stealing my thunder.

Back