Inspiron "Charging" light stuck!

n64man120

2[H]4U
Well, I encountered something very strange with my almost 2.5 year old Inspiron laptop. I was using the laptop, and the battery got critically low, which causes the charge light to start flashing orange. The system went into hibernate, as expected, and then I plugged it back into the AC adapter to boot back up.

The charge light on the laptop seems to be stuck in some sort of cycle now, it flashes green, flashes off, flashes orange four times, then repeats. It's been doing this for several hours, the laptop is fully charged now, and charges/discharges fine (as shown in both Bios and Windows Power Management).

I've tried everything (easy) that I can think of to knock the laptop out of this cycle. I shut down, tried booting up with just the battery, same thing happened. If I unplug the battery and just boot off the AC, nothing lights up. When I plug both battery and AC in, it goes back into the Orange Loop From HELL!

Any ideas how to correct this? I scanned the bios, reset settings there, to no avail. My next best idea is to open the laptop and reset the cmos, but I'd like to avoid doing all that.

Edit: Interesting... suddenly this is haunting multiple people, within the same 48 hour span? I searched a ways back on the boards and didn't find anything about this before. What do you guys think? http://www.dellcommunity.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=insp_power&thread.id=50154

Back