inspired by l3p

xivlia

Limp Gawd
i there my name is Ersan im from Turkey but live in Scotland =), i was really inspired by l3p's amazing desk. so i decided to copy his design and then change some stuff for the way i want it to be.

here are some google sketchup picutres. it is not final its just a rough draft. i still have a few problem to fix and add more stuff etc. i did this in a few days. and there is still ALOT to be done :)

projectdesk2.png

projectdesk1.jpg

under those three squares is where the 360 radiators will be mounted. the black thing is a touch screen lcd fan controller and the two small rectangles are slot dvd and slot bluray drives. :) the rectangle gap on the right side is where the watercooling resevior will be put in place.

Goodluck man !
Such an honor :)
I'll be following it closely. :p

IN for progress.

These desk mods are AWESOME.

My wife saw yours l3p, and now she wants me to make one... but I don't have any FAB skills or equipment. lol.

Glad to see you giving Credit where Credit is due! thumbs up and good luck!

Nice... many desk computers are popping up and I am sure it is because of L3p's desk/build

hi guys, just a few things i ahve to let you know and for the people who are following my attempt of a modified l3p d3sk :p and not that many people will be following this thread lol.. anyway i will be putting this project on hold for the time being. i have been busy planning it all,. im pretty much done planning everything. but i am going on holiday in a week. and i sold my motorbike so i have no transport to go to my local alluminium supplier etc. and the fact that im too lazy to take a bus. im affraid im gonna out this PROJECT on HOLD. i am NOT SCRAPPING this project, i WILL CONTINUE. at a later date. probably in the next 1-2months you will see some more progress i hope :). cheers.

hi guys, just a few things i ahve to let you know and for the people who are following my attempt of a modified l3p d3sk :p and not that many people will be following this thread lol.. anyway i will be putting this project on hold for the time being. i have been busy planning it all,. im pretty much done planning everything. but i am going on holiday in a week. and i sold my motorbike so i have no transport to go to my local alluminium supplier etc. and the fact that im too lazy to take a bus. im affraid im gonna out this PROJECT on HOLD. i am NOT SCRAPPING this project, i WILL CONTINUE. at a later date. probably in the next 1-2months you will see some more progress i hope :). cheers.

:eek: No car? That sucks, I hope your situation betters.

nope no car unfortounatley. im only 18 :D. cant afford a car just yet. plus i find motorbikes alot better since they go fast :p but as soon as im back from my holiday il try and get a few of the materials sorted out for this project :)

OKAY!! updates! change of plan... changing desk.... here are new drawings. this baby is getting made soon!

desk1.png

desk2.png

desk3.png

desk4.png

desk5.png

this baby has enough room for two 560 radiator on the top!!!! :D

thanks, i will be buying the sheet metal on Wednesday i think. and im getting right onto it!

okay another update, and sorry to be a disappointment again.... but its on hold for now... student loan and bursary never got through... apparently they sent me the last one, but i thought the last one was a few months ago etc etc.....so ive been waiting for nothing... going to save up £150 and get right onto building the desk. its a necessity, now that ive got quad sli 480 all watercooled. one triple rad doesnt quite cut it.... so i need to build this desk and fit 2x 560 rads and cool those babies down. ;) il keep yous posted, if anyone is even watching this thread :(

hey man, keeping an eye on it. cant wait to see you get to work!

just one more month and ready to start building the desk. ive already sorted out mig welding and plasma cutting equipment. got a big sheet of aluminium, and found an online supplier for glass. just need to get back home.

Neat! I want to build one of these bad boys so bad, but unfortunately funds do not permit. Will be following this closely.

it not really that expensive, you just need to find a large sheet of aluminum, usually about 100 pounds. and then just take it from there :p

does anyone know how sponsoring works? id like to try and see if i can get some sponsors from a few online component stores. mainly for watercooling connectors etc, nothing too big and expesinve

Good luck with your build. Im personally interested in doing one myself but im waiting until I finish university to start mine.

In regards to finding sponcers there isnt a set way of getting them the best way is to contact companys with your project idea and diagrams to show what it will look like and how you will advertise their company etc.

Bit-tech did a guide to getting mod sponsorship which is here

Good luck with getting sponsorship and im looking foward to seeing how it goes

thanks!! il be reading that thread soon. and pics will be up off the desk by next weekend hopefully, its obviously isnt finished, so il be posting a lot of pics. its getting there slowly!.

Back