InsideVR VR Arena TTC at The FRAG

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
As you might know, HardOCP is partnered with InsideVR, a company that covers the VR industry in a video format. While we do post some of our content here once in a while, there is actually a lot of it that is pushed out through other channels, but you can see some of it at the link above. We are now partnered with The FRAG LAN event here in North Texas (this weekend) to put on a event that is called "VR Arena TTC." TTC stands for "Try, Train, Compete." What we are doing is setting up our 2-person VR Arena, as diagrammed below, and will be allowing The FRAG attendees to try VR, and if they like it, we will go a bit further and give them training in a specific game. We will be using RAW DATA at The FRAG as our primary game, but we will have some others as well. Then once we find a few folks that don't suck, we will put them into the VR shootout PvP style for bragging rights.

The second picture below is much of the equipment we have amassed to pull this all off. Which has been a bit more of an undertaking than I expected when we were dreaming things up. We will have the ability to stream out everything on Twitch and Youtube live as it happens. 75" screens so you can watch your friends make fools of themselves. 1" safety matting for the more clumsy. This is our "pilot" VR Arena TTC event and we have no sponsors while we work the kinks. So while you are looking foolish and having a blast in the VR Arena, you can watch and see just how bad we muck things up from an operational side of things! If you want to BYOC at The FRAG, you can buy tickets through Frisco E-Sports site. You can swing by the Dr. Pepper Arena in Frisco just to check things out for free if you are in the area.

17-1216_VRARENA_TEST2.jpg Inside VR TTC Equipment.jpg

We will be using HTC Vive HMDs powered by GTX 1080 Ti GPUs, so if you give it a try you will be getting some of the best high-end VR gaming that you can experience. Hope to see you there!

Use discount code "HardOCP" for $15 off.

Last edited:
That looks like a blast! If I can get outta work I'll see if I can make it. If i can't I'll slack off and watch the live stream.

Back