Inside Unreal Engine 4 Character Aesthetics

I've always wondered why Epic has never released the actual executables for the Infiltrator, Elemental, and Samaritan demos for people to run. I want to see all the pretty running in real time!

This stuff all looks pretty slick. The next couple of years should show some awesome leaps forward for game graphics now that consoles have finally come up to speed more or less with PC hardware for the moment.

I've always wondered why Epic has never released the actual executables for the Infiltrator, Elemental, and Samaritan demos for people to run. I want to see all the pretty running in real time!

This stuff all looks pretty slick. The next couple of years should show some awesome leaps forward for game graphics now that consoles have finally come up to speed more or less with PC hardware for the moment.

Up-to-speed with mid-level PC's from 1 years ago you mean.

Still, we're going to see an explosion of graphical quality on AAA titles over the next 2 years.

Up-to-speed with mid-level PC's from 1 years ago you mean.

Still, we're going to see an explosion of graphical quality on AAA titles over the next 2 years.

Yep, from what I've seen this may be the smallest graphical jump for a new console generation since the PS1. Don't think they focus on graphics as much anymore, content delivery, online connectivity and entertainment hub now.

Lots of pretty demos,but no games. How about a decent successor to the game that gave the engine it's name,the original Unreal?

Nice to see they're starting to use shaders to create surfaces / textures instead of having someone draw all the detail on the texture map. It'll allow for dynamic wear to occur over the course of the game.

U/UT3 still burns as one of the all time worse sequels to an excellent game UT99. The ridiculous bloom, motion blur and faded colors that Unreal engine 3 ruined gameplay in addition to awful movement feel and shot mechanics (flak trajectory for example). Will be curious if they attempt to revive UT as the followers/tourney players have all mostly moved on.

U/UT3 still burns as one of the all time worse sequels to an excellent game UT99. The ridiculous bloom, motion blur and faded colors that Unreal engine 3 ruined gameplay in addition to awful movement feel and shot mechanics (flak trajectory for example). Will be curious if they attempt to revive UT as the followers/tourney players have all mostly moved on.

I would have to say Unreal 2 was the worst one of the bunch. I have played every Unreal game since I got my P2 400 back in the day and loaded up the original Unreal. I loved the first Unreal and then the expansion pack Return to Na Pali. I played multiplayer with the original Unreal until the first Unreal Tournament came out. I have absolutely enjoyed all of them, even UT3. The thing I hated about UT3 was the server browser.
I am anxiously waiting for another UT. It is one of the few online games that I do not have to build exp points. Everyone that joins the game is on the same level. If someone beats you it is because they are a better player and not just because they have tons of free time and can get better weapons and gear.
As much as I like the realistic weapons and gear that most popular multiplayer games use today, I miss the fun and excitement of the "scify" futuristic weapons form this series.
I also miss the days that I could create my own servers and mods as well as join custom servers and download all the user created maps. So much better than this map pack crap that we have to deal with for games today.

I'd REALLY like to get a single player Unreal game again. Maybe a reimagining of the original.

I would have to say Unreal 2 was the worst one of the bunch. I have played every Unreal game since I got my P2 400 back in the day and loaded up the original Unreal. I loved the first Unreal and then the expansion pack Return to Na Pali. I played multiplayer with the original Unreal until the first Unreal Tournament came out. I have absolutely enjoyed all of them, even UT3. The thing I hated about UT3 was the server browser.
I am anxiously waiting for another UT. It is one of the few online games that I do not have to build exp points. Everyone that joins the game is on the same level. If someone beats you it is because they are a better player and not just because they have tons of free time and can get better weapons and gear.
As much as I like the realistic weapons and gear that most popular multiplayer games use today, I miss the fun and excitement of the "scify" futuristic weapons form this series.
I also miss the days that I could create my own servers and mods as well as join custom servers and download all the user created maps. So much better than this map pack crap that we have to deal with for games today.

Very well said. Keeping my fingers crossed for a new UT title.
BTW...Cocheese256 as in LJR class of 91? If so Master Lu here...ah yeah 1995 140 Massey here lol..

Sorry if this is a completely diff person.

These days I'm hardly excited by tech demo. The fancy stuff doesn't always make it to the final product.

I feel the same way. You can keep all the new BF and CoD games. I'd love to get back to UT/Q3A style games myself. Occasionally, a group of my friends and I will have a LAN party and play UT2004 or UT3 for hours on end. Still love that gameplay and the ability to setup your own, customized servers. Screw renting a server online that gives you no options. Would LOVE to see them bring out a UT4 or something :D

Very well said. Keeping my fingers crossed for a new UT title.
BTW...Cocheese256 as in LJR class of 91? If so Master Lu here...ah yeah 1995 140 Massey here lol..

Sorry if this is a completely diff person.

Afraid not. That is a couple of years before I graduated and from a different location.;)

It looks good, but grey on grey and overall plasticey looking (had no idea that was chrome or fabric, etc...) but it definitely an improvement and more-unified lighting is great to work with as an artist +1

Back