Inside Microsoft's Cybercrime Center

HardOCP News

[H] News
Microsoft says its new dedicated cybercrime center is a perfect example of what the company's business intelligence and big data tools can do to stop malware, identity theft and other cybercrimes.

It’s a CSI kind of place, clearly equipped for its high-tech mission, but also airy and inviting with its modern glass, chrome, and wood. The Cybercrime Center is home to laboratories; offices and ultra-secure evidence rooms; and cutting-edge software and tools.

All those resources, they should make an anti-virus program. I bet it would be the best EVER!

Microsoft Security Essentials was alright until they essentially abandoned it.
:(

I've never had good experience with MSE. Every laptop and computer I loaded with it came back infected with MSE running like if nothing was wrong.

:(

I've never had good experience with MSE. Every laptop and computer I loaded with it came back infected with MSE running like if nothing was wrong.

So tell people to stop clicking YES to install things.

People fail to understand AV can not stop human stupidity, ESET, Avast, MSE are all the same, when a user allows something to install..the AV can't stop it.

Not had a single infect box i have put MSE on, i also toss on malwarebytes as well.

When did they "abandon" MSE? i did see in av-compartives it dropped in rankings to the likes even of AVG in some cases which is doing better now.

Sounds like a grab for that federal money to me...

And like NASA, a good way to spend government money. It's not like war on drugs or crazy military spending or anything.

Back