Inside Google's Data Centers

Zarathustra[H];1039242212 said:
Those colorful pipes remind me of a building near/on the MIT campus in Cambridge MA.

It's some sort of physical plant and it has lots of pipes running through it, and they are painted in similar bright colors.

Been that way since long before anyone heard of Google though :p

Color coded piping is a lot easier to keep track of. :cool:

Where I worked they mopped daily. If you keep a controlled environment and the floors are kept clean, dust isn't that big of a problem. It still happens but at like 1/1000 of what you would experience in your home.

A significant portion of the 'dust' in the average home comes from it's inhabitants. :eek:

Update from my friend, looking at the pictures more closely:
I know some of the pictures also had special light effects going because my workplace is not a disco. Also, didn't realize this until late last night, not only did the wipe my apple logo off the laptop they also wiped all of my stickers. My awesome, totally work appropriate stickers. The world deserved to see my carebears! :(

Another FAKE :mad:

fakegoogle2.jpg

Actually, I can physically contest your claim that this is a fake photo. That is myself in the picture.

Try again. Yes, I can verify.

Actually, I can physically contest your claim that this is a fake photo. That is myself in the picture.

Try again. Yes, I can verify.

Try again? OK, given that you work at this facility, can you explain how you managed to arrange every single cable on the innermost rack on the left so it is an exact mirror image on every single cable on the innermost rack on the right side of the aisle that you're standing in?

2amc85.jpg

Simple, one side has content that was edited out for a reason? Does not constitute the image being fake, it was edited though, like most, if not all PR photos.

So you're saying that since you are in the image, and you exist, the image is not fake? The fact that half the image is simply a photoshopped, mirror image on the other half, means that the image is not fake? Frankly, I don't see what the big deal is about it being fake....Like you said, the vast majority of PR images are heavily photoshopped (and I don't really see the problem with that), but to say that the above image is not fake is like saying that the below image is not fake, because there is a person in it, and that person exists somewhere and is not fake, therefore the entire image is not fake.

Photoshop.jpg

^^^I mean after all, she edited out some of the content for a reason, but the photo itself is real. She is in it, she can verify.

I just wish that people would calm down, and learn to open a dictionary and learn the difference between screaming FAKE!!!! and PHOTOSHOPPED!!!! That is just my opinion on the matter. When I first saw the press release, I was beside myself with glee... I still am as a matter of fact. However, I just wanted to clarify the stance that they are not fake images.

I just wish that people would calm down, and learn to open a dictionary and learn the difference between screaming FAKE!!!! and PHOTOSHOPPED!!!! That is just my opinion on the matter. When I first saw the press release, I was beside myself with glee... I still am as a matter of fact. However, I just wanted to clarify the stance that they are not fake images.

I agree on the "fake" vs "photoshopped" thing, and I still do think it's cool that Google shared this stuff at all.

I scream FAKE because to me it's making it look like more than it actually is, therefore it's FAKE imo.

And to me FAKE and CHOPPED (what you call Adobe™ Photoshopped®) is the same thing.

But since you are the person in the shot, then please post a pic of how it really looks.

I call it Bull and wouldnt invest in a company that cant publish true pics, but have to "photoshop" them.

I do like that G published all those pics and was also the first to comment in this thread, but that doesnt change the fact about the pics.

Uh, I can't publish nor take photos.

Nah, guessed you couldnt, G wouldnt like you brought a neutron microscope to work and read the data off the harddrive platters, data that is available to all on the intarwebs :p

Joking ofcourse, I know what you mean, they may have real secrets, so you guys arent allowed taking pics :)

Back